Sunshine & Food & Much More!

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Recently I spent a leisurely morning at Broadway market in Hackney, east London. It's only a short bus ride from my house but this was the first time I was able to visit it and it definitely lived up to my hopes! It is next to the beautiful London Fields and is one of the best ways to spend a Saturday morning. The street is blocked off and filled with stalls of all sorts - from food to clothing to flowers and much more. I was especially loving the flower stall with ranunculus in several colors! There is such a fantastic atmosphere on the street and it's a great place for people watching as everyone looks impossibly cool. The street is also lined with some great shops including Fabrications (a textile shop) and Broadway Books, a cozy bookshop I could have stayed in for hours. I would definitely recommend visiting this market if you are ever in London on a Saturday? What are your favorite markets?

3 Response to Sunshine & Food & Much More!

March 5, 2010 at 9:37 PM

I love bookstores. Thanks for sharing. If ever I am in London, I will check out these places.

March 6, 2010 at 10:34 PM

Is there anything better than London markets?? Lucky you!! Thank you so much for sharing! (no, I can't believe class is nearly over) – g :)

March 7, 2010 at 12:12 PM

Thanks so much! I especially love bookshops where you can browse for hours without feeling that the staff want you to leave:).

London is pretty special with it's markets... so many! I look forward to highlighting many more here.

oh beauty All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger