To market, to market we go

Monday, February 22, 2010

I recently had a stall at a market near Hampstead Heath selling items from an amazing women's textile center in India. I had the opportunity to visit the center in August and I was so impressed by the warm and loving environment the women are trained in and how fantastic their work is. When I returned to England I decided to place an order from the center and to sell it in England. People have been so receptive and positive about the products. I have had a lot of fun selling the items, too. I especially enjoyed the market because I loved the experience of setting up the stall and interacting with the customers and the other stallholders. As my job at the moment isn't a creative role, things like this market are such an outlet for me to get stuck in to and a place to express a different side of me.


2 Response to To market, to market we go

February 23, 2010 at 9:25 PM

What a marvelous endeavor! I wish you much success in it. I am having a lot of vicarious fun reading your blog – London has been my home several times and is my favorite city. Thanks for sharing your adventures! (oh, and we are teammates!) – g

February 24, 2010 at 7:07 AM

What a fun thing to do! I absolutely love Hampstead Heath, it's one of my favourite places!

oh beauty All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger