Catching a moment

Friday, February 18, 2011

I find it quite hard to find a moment to myself these days which means they are especially precious when I get one.

One of my friends recommended that instead of rushing to get things done as soon as Sammy goes down for his first nap of the day to take some time to be quiet. This week I have been doing just that! I have been making a cup of tea and sitting down to read, reflect and pray and it has lifted my spirits all day. I feel more positive, productive and at peace (and pro-active and peppy and...:)).

The book I have been reading is called Meditations for the New Mother and was a baby shower gift from a friend back home who worked through it during the first year of her son's life. Such a thoughtful gift!

2 Response to Catching a moment

Anonymous
February 18, 2011 at 10:56 AM

What a pick-me-up to read your BEAUTY-filled writing with an honorable mention of our favorite Mom Devot. It has surely brightened my middle-of-the-Indiana-winter day. God bless you. You have inspired me. ~ LE

March 1, 2011 at 10:20 AM

Thanks so much LE! I am so glad you liked reading my blog. I am really enjoying the book. So looking forward to seeing you soon!

oh beauty All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger