City Farm

Sunday, February 21, 2010

After a rainy week here in London, Saturday came with bright sunny skies! My husband and I decided to head to east London and enjoy the day wandering around window shopping and eating at markets. After exploring for a while we found ourselves at the Hackney City Farm, one of many farms in London. When I first moved to London from New York, I could not believe that there were farms right in the middle of city. There was actually a farm a five minute walk from my first flat in London and there were many Saturdays that I would wander over there, I think mainly because I just couldn't believe there was actually a farm there! I love that you can get a bit of the countryside right in the middle of the city. There are days when I just want to escape the concrete and busyness of the city and when I can't leave the city I love that there are little places like these farms to have a wander around and get caught up in nature!

1 Response to City Farm

February 25, 2010 at 8:02 PM

This farm sounds like a fun place to visit and even better that it is so close to you. I'm working on my homework for the BYW class...how are you coming along?

oh beauty All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger